Papua New Guinea

Summary

The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod began work in Papua New Guinea in 1948 at the invitation of a Wauni tribal leader in Yaramanda, Enga Province. In 1971, the Gutnius (Good News) Lutheran Church (GLC) of Papua New Guinea became an LCMS sister/partner church. It also is a member of the International Lutheran Council. During 50-plus years of blessing by the Holy Spirit, the church has grown to a baptized membership of more than 54,500 in approximately 550 congregations. 

Personnel

Meet the international team. We have more than 200 missionaries working around the globe.

Partner Church

Gutnius Lutheran Church

Concordia Haus, Irelya
PO Box 100
Wabag 291, Enga Province
PAPUA NEW GUINEA

Seminary

Timothy Lutheran Seminary

PO Box 381
Wabag Enga Province
PAPUA NEW GUINEA

Close Menu