Latin America & Caribbean
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations...
Rejoice with us as we spread the Gospel, plant Lutheran churches, and show mercy, across Latin America. Our missionaries and partner churches support 43 church plants, giving faithful witness in 14 countries. We give thanks for the young men training to be pastors, and who will tell the Good News to this generation. Ongoing translation and distribution of theological books, journal articles and devotional materials in digital format ensure that our pastors and seminarians have high quality resources for reaching the lost, shepherding God’s people, and for continuing education. More than 100 women across Latin America are enrolled in the deaconess program, studying God’s Word so as to be His hands of mercy alongside pastors, and bringing the needy ones to His altar. Deaconess students have opportunity to serve the poor and people with disabilities in 16 different mercy houses across five countries. Lutheran education is paramount in Latin America, reaching our young people with an incredible 155 schools in 10 countries. Finally, we celebrate with you all, that through His Word, our dear Lord Jesus extends His church through His mighty Holy Spirit so that we might together make His Name known to those who sit in darkness.
Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Belize, Cayman Islands, Chile, Cuba, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Spain, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Number of Partner Churches: 9
- Number of Seminaries: 5 (Argentina, Brazil, Nicaragua, Haiti, Dominican Republic)
- Number of Countries in which you work: 14
- Regional Director – Rev. Ted Krey
– Area Facilitator: Rev. Herb Burch (Belize, Honduras, Guatemala, Venezuela)
– Area Facilitator: Rev. James Sharp (Paraguay, Uruguay, Peru, Chile, Bolivia)
– Area Facilitator: Rev. Charles St-Onge (Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Cayman Islands)
– Area Facilitator: Rev. Arthur Rickman (Mexico, Panama, Columbia)
- Latin America Region Project Catalog
- Best practices in Short-term Mission
- Know before You Go – Safety Tips
- Tips for Hosting a Missionary Visit
A FORO, Spanish for “forum,” is a system of support used by LCMS missions and sister churches in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Experience Making a Difference in Latin America
You can share Jesus with people all over the Latin America region. Your gift will be used where needed most in this region to reach people with the Gospel of Jesus Christ regardless of nation, culture or language.