Watch a short vide on the work of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod in India and Papua New Guinea.
The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod began work in Papua New Guinea in 1948 at the invitation of a Wauni tribal leader in Yaramanda, Enga Province. In 1971, the Gutnius (Good News) Lutheran Church (GLC) of Papua New Guinea became an LCMS sister/partner church. It also is a member of the International Lutheran Council. During 50-plus years of blessing by the Holy Spirit, the church has grown to a baptized membership of more than 54,500 in approximately 550 congregations.